Basic scaffold for working on domestic stairs advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to strip off textured wallpaper and artex then skim and paint the walls up the single flight of stairs in our 1960s ex council house.

As I have to fit this in around paid work I wont be able to hire a decorators scaffold.

Can anyone recommend a good basic set which is easy to erect, will do this job and then get used occasionally e.g. when I start on the front and rear of the house.

Thanks for looking,
Bern

Sponsored Links
I would not think a lot of painters would use scaffold for painting domestic stair areas. Hop-up, ladders and a plank possibly all that is needed.

take a looksie in your local friday ad or free ads for free to collect steel tower scafs they sometimes come up.

Most decorators opt for this simple idea but one has to be very careful
A scaffold board and a ladder to span the area.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks.

This plank and ladder and step method is ideal.
Easy enough for the rest of the family to keep using the stairs too.

I'll also keep an eye in the local papers for a scaffold so I can do the outside.

I've got no excuses not to get started on those walls and ceilings now.
Bern

Update.

This worked very well.

I am over 6ft so just rested the planks on the landing carpet butting them up to the sloping ceiling in the lower stair well.
I also used two planks and two ladders to give me extra width to stand on.

Textured wall paper and 3/4 of the artex came off yesterday. Will start skimming today.

THANKS,
Bern

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back