Basin Mixer Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some help trying to find a mixer tap for an old sink.

Unfortunately both of the original taps are going to need re-chroming and as that is the case I am thinking of trying to obtain a bridge mixer style of tap, similar to the one in the link below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beaumont-Traditional-Chrome-Bridge-Basin/dp/B003NVHWS6

However, the problem I have is that the centre to centre of the tap holes is 300mm, but the mixer taps I have thus far seen are only 200mm.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can give me some leads to finding something suitable.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
YBFL. You have a basin designed for a pair of taps.

How about blanking one hole and fitting a monobloc?
sequel-monobloc-basin-mixer.-with-pop-up-waste.-478001-1799-p.jpg

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately blanking off one hole is not an option on the sink due to its age. It is from an era where sink were made to have separate hot and cold taps, perhaps basin mixer taps weren't even an option when the sink was made?

Will try to get a picture uploaded later.

Mixer taps won't bridge a 300mm gap. Not even a bath mixer. Or commercial mixers, including deck mounted. Your sink was designed for separate hot and cold taps. I'd abandon the idea and put in separate ones.

Sponsored Links
My initial thoughts were that the sink was designed for separate taps, especially considering the age and the fact that the holes are so far apart.

Would prefer to use separate taps over blanking off one hole and fitting a monoblock as it would just not look right. It would spoil the look of the sink!

Such is life, looks like the original taps are off to the re-chromers.

Cheers for the help.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks to all the replies and advice.

After thinking about things we decided that we are going to remove the old taps and blank off the tap holes and have wall mounted mixer taps above.

Cheers for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back