Basin tap for low pressure hot and mains cold.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're having a new ensuite fitted and we are at the point of choosing new taps etc.

We have a conventional boiler. The hot water is gravity fed and doesn't have an amazing flow rate at the ensuite. It has mains cold water.

I was going to fit two separate taps, partly for the reason that I want to occasionally use it for drinking water if I need a glass of water in the night etc.

My problem is that so far we can't find a two hole semi recessed basin that we like. We can find plenty of 1 hole ones though!

So is there something that will work well? I remember when we had a new kitchen tap years ago, we had one that doesn't mix inside the block, and has two pipes inside right until the end of the spout, which was supposed to better. I can't find this for basin taps though, but also don't know what they're called to search for them properly!

So is there a good single tap for a basin that will work with my low pressure hot and high pressure cold?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Monobloc basin taps don't work "well" on gravity fed supply. The fact is they are too restrictive ,and the flow is quite poor .Having said that there are plenty of them in daily use, after all ,how much of a flow do you really need to wash hands etc in a basin.
If you really want to have mains cold as well as gravity hot ,careful selection of tap type is required.

You can get drinking water from monobloc tap assuming it’s on the mains .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back