basket strainer waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question guys, i have got a new basket strainer waste but when i put the screw in the centre it sits well proud of the flange. Do i need to force it thru the grey plastic waste it sits flush on at the moment (doesn't seem to want to go), or cut the screw to length? Stupid i know

Thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
Can you see any reason why screw should not go all the way through?

You shouldn't need to cut the screw as it should be sized to allow waste to be fitted into thinnest of stainless steel sinks.

Are you sure its not cross threaded?

I think I'd try brute force and if you bust the fitting take it back to B&Q and say it was not fit for the job. By the look of the pic it looks like the screw should go right through the middle until it does the job its supposed to.

Sponsored Links
Been several posts on here recently about B&Q wastes. Ive not used one but they seem to be of poor quality judging by the comments. Id return it and see what they say, maybe ask for a credit against a McAlpine or similar, better quality, product.

Thanks guys, once you confirmed it is supposed to go thru i trimmed the thread in the waste with a stanley knife until it did go thru, just poorly made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back