Bath edge plastic trim or silicone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
Need to seal around a new acrylic bath, against a tiled wall. I was going to silicone but was wondering whether the Homelux sealing strips are any good. They look like they would give a neat waterproof seal, but I would like some reassurance from anyone who has some experience.
cheers
Rob

Sponsored Links
What about silicone, with trim for appearance? Do you get moisture trapped behind these sealing strips after a while?
cheers

Sponsored Links
I have tried several types of seal around my iron bath and after some time they all failed. The silicone has done the best though. If you have a gap then fill the gap first and allow to dry before applying a final bead of silicone between masking tape. Smooth down the bead with a wet finger or a whathaveyou and before the silicone is set remove the tape otherwise it will lift the edges when its set.

Use silicone, but remember, as it's an acrylic bath, fill with water just over half way so the silicone gets to a mid-way point when the bath is used. Otherwise, in a year or so when the silicone splits , you'll be doing it all over again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back