Bath Frame!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm just rebuilding our bathroom at the moment. My girlfriend fancies a nice 'boxy' frame around our bath so we can have tiled sides and a small ledge/shelf all the way round the bath. Very nice.

How do I go about doing this, i.e., what are the issues about seating the bath, positioning, pitfalls etc. Generally, how do I do it??

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Neil

Sponsored Links
I guess you could build it with timber in much the same way as a studded wall. This could be covered with WBP ply and tiled onto.
The trouble with wood is that it will shrink and expand which may cause cracks if you tile it so a flexi additive to your tile cement would be a good idea.
Or you could build it out of lightweight building blocks (depending on the floor/ceiling) This would be more solid but maybe a bit more work.

Ant,

thanks, good point about the adhesive, I'll heed the advice and save myself a pile of tiles on the floor :)

Cheers,

Neil

Might pay you to fit a small door (or tiled door) for access to taps and waste pipe area for emergency.Use exterior plywood for tiling as they are made with waterproof glue which is ideal for bathroom.

Sponsored Links
If you live anywhere near a Wickes Store pop in and have look at a product called 'Aqua Panel' a water proof board you can use instead of plasterboard. They also have a leaflet on how and where to use it.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if you register on line you can download the wickes information sheet (No54) regarding the aquapanel that MANDATE mentioned for the wicks site info see this it is under the building section

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back