How do i Box + Tile a Bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never done this before so am not sure of the best way of going about it. I've had a new bath fitted, and rather than have the bath panel on the side, i would like the whole side and a ledge at one end to be boxed and then tiled over with the same glass mosaic tiles i've got on the wall. However, i can't see how start going about such a thing. there's nothing to fasten any tiel backer boards to on the bath, i can't jsut build a wooden frame as i can't see what to fasten it to on the bath top area.

any tips/ ideas/ illustrations?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you do it that way and then tile it, how will you ever be able to get to the U-bend when it blocks?

or am I missing something (only looked at the pictures :))

Sponsored Links
That bath panel is screwed on, you just unscrew the screws and off it comes. :confused:
My bath panel is tiled but I made it a push fit - I can remove it whenever I wish and just need to regrout the corner joint and re-silicone where it meets the floor.
However, if the water starts draining slowly from the bath I pour a litre of strong caustic soda solution down the plughole - sorted. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back