Bath install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, So I'm most of the way thourgh my bathroom re-modelling.

Let me dexribe the scene for you. My bathroom was 1.6m x 1.6m square with a bath that filled the entire length of the wall opposite the door. To the right of the door was an alcove about 1m deep which had the hot water tank in it, This made for a L shaped room. The missing corner of the L was in the smallest bedroom and was set out as very deep shelves.

I have removed the hot water tank and had my CORGI bolier friend replace the boiler in the kitchen for a nice shiny new Valiant Eco Plus combi. I have then taken out the walls though into the smallest bedroom and rebuilt a partition wall out of plasterboard and aquapanel leaving me with a nice sized 2.6m x1.6m bathroom.

I have bought a new 1.7m bath but am having some difficulty in fixing this to the wall for stability. There is no fixing brackets with the bath to screw it to the wall and the instructions are badly translated from some forewign language.

What is the best way for me to secure it on to the walls. It has a metal frame which attaches to the bottom of the tub and has some feet, but again I can't see a way to screw these to the floor.

I have also found that the corner of the room is not exactly 90 degrees and the bath sticks out slightly ion the corner. The majority of the gap will be covered by the tiles but there may still be a slight difference.

Is the best thing to fill this gap with sealant, or can the edge be recessed into the aquapanel?

Many thanks

tlps

Sponsored Links
have you chopped out the plaster where the top of the bath will sit always nicks a bit of room.

If that won't spoil the intregity of the aqua panel thats what I'll have to do.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back