Bath not draining

M

marsaday

Any ideas on how i unblock the bath pipe without going in with tools to take to pieces. Do chemicals work ?

A tenant has been washing her dog in the bath and it has totally blocked it up (or quite badly).

I have asked her to pour caustic soda into the bath with hot water and then pull the plug and let the water do the work. Would this help at all ?

Any other ideas. I do assume i will need to go in and take the panels off and address the trap at some point.

Sponsored Links
you may be able to fish the hair our with a bit off wire
dont know if chemicals will dissolve hair :eek:

If the tenant caused the blockage then that becomes her responsibility to get it sorted.

Caustic soda might dissolve it the hair if its steeped in it for a couple of hours.

Tony

If your luck is in, you may get results with a wet vac, but block the overflow first!
Often enough, you'll see lengths of whatever appearing upwards from the bath drain. Lovely :p
The caustic soda concentration needed to dissolve hair would be very, very strong.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Caustic soda dissolves hair quite easily.

Us a Wet Vac, you can buy them from Wickes for £40.
The tenant should pay for this job!!!.

PS Don't use it after chemicals!

Andy

Give the girl a break - she was only washing the dog. :rolleyes:

i still am, and don't expect someone else to unblock sinks for me nor wipe my arse or owt else.

No in this case i will sort it. The bath always drained slowly and the dog hair has just made things much worse.

I will get them to try the caustic soda first. Then i will have a look myself. cheers for info

Tell them to be very careful, it can spit and will blind in moments. Googles and stand back. It should really be banned,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back