1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Bath panel gap

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Craig williams, 5 Oct 2020.

1. Craig williams

Craig williams

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all.
    Iam new here and also terrible at DIY. I have put a bath panel on and where the water feed (that's not my doing) comes out and up round the bath there is a gap. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cover this up.
    And even better would it be possible to drill through the bath and that the pipe come in that way rather than round the bath.
    Thanks everyone.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Surely a solution for this would have been better off sought before you put the panel on? Anyway what's the bath made of? Got a pic from further away?

4. just pumps

just pumps

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Jeeez that is awful no wonder you want to cover it up, whats lurking behind the towel I dread to think.

5. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  6. kitessurfer

kitessurfer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe a flexible hose could be used instead of plumbing in photo, that really is an eyesore. Flexible hoses can get you out of trouble and could be quick solution .I'm not a plumber, but diyer.

7. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe quite a large presumption but are you are a tenant and is that going up to supply an electric shower?

You can't drill up through the bath no, the pipe should be run up behind the bath. The plumbing needs to be installed properly by a professional, simple as that. A piece of facing is all you can really use to hide that I would reckon.

If it's a landlord though, unless it contravenes any rules and it's working properly then even though it's unsightly they don't really need to change it.

Oh and please don't use flexible hoses

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links