Gap between bath panel and wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope this is in right section.

I recently bough a bath and matching panel but there is a 1.5cm gap between the end of the panel and the bath and I'm sure this can't be correct. Can anyone tell me if this is the norm as I seriously don't know?
I was advised in teh merchants that the panel is the exact one for the bath:

This is it flush with the end of the bath,

14ifwih.jpg

And this is it against the wall,

15h0lnc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Doesn't look like the correct panel for the bath, take the panel back to the supplier & ask them for the right panel.
Karma...........Pfffft!!.............. ;)
HTH

I`m afraid I think the merchant is right :cry: That`s what they have been supplied with , I`ll bet . It`s probably because most bath tubs are let into the wall :idea: An old habit from when tubs had a rounded profile and had to be sunk into the wall so the tiles came down to a flat surface. So there you have the North/ South divide ( of opinion ) ;)

Nope the panel is too short, fitted 100s of bath panels & you have a duff panel, if anything a front panel may need trimmed. Also that panel has two return ends, deffo the wrong panel

The front panel should be at least the same length as your bath.

Sponsored Links
Nope the panel is too short, fitted 100s of bath panels & you have a duff panel, if anything a front panel may need trimmed. Also that panel has two return ends, deffo the wrong panel

The front panel should be at least the same length as your bath.

I agree with you on that mate and I'm no expert. To me if the panel is specific to a bath then it is so for a reason and that reason is that it is made to fit. No way there should be that size of a gap imho.

I'll get on to them first thing and update here.

Thanks for the input all!

Just an update;

It looks like the issue is probably the wrong bath was delivered to me. Had the girl from the manufactures out today and they are going to cut me a panel to size.

Thanks to all for your input.

good result - And probably a better one than we`d get here in SE UK :rolleyes: - I speak from bitter experience , and thank god I`m retired ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back