Bath panel woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house we moved into has a bathtub with walls surrounding on three sides. The fourth side faces the room. The bath panel is similar to the one attached (ie face that curves outwards).

The previous owner/fitter has cut one end to make it fit. Except it's made the panel weak and a slight knock to it on getting in and out of the bath means that the top edge of the cut side comes out.

The panel hasn't been fixed to anything and there's no wooden frame that I could attach it to.

I was looking at either replacing the panel or trying to repair or fix the current one. If I replaced the panel, and I had to cut the end so it fits, could I glue it on to the back of the panel to reinforce it? ie so it still has a lipped edge like the other sides. I was planning on taping the area to be cut and using a dremel or a hacksaw.

How can I secure the bath panel? Should I just screw a baton to the floor and then screw the base of the bath panel to this?

Or should I do something else?

Attachments

• 17362.jpg
    17362.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 227
Sponsored Links
You could use sealant at each end if there is a small gap. The base should have been secured to the floor with a couple of clips that the edge clips under.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back