Bath Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all..

Any tips for fitting an MDF bath panel with adjustable plinth? Never done one before.

I've just got a jigsaw.. I only need to take off 10mm one end.. should I just use a saw ?

Thanks all..

Sponsored Links
I've just got a jigsaw.. I only need to take off 10mm one end.. should I just use a saw ?

A panel saw will be easier, to keep on a straight line. Seal the sawn edge after.

Assuming there is a rim it needs to fit under, get it to go as far up the rim as possible, even if it needs to be notched for hand bracket bolts under the rim. Wedge it as high as it will go, then measure down from the bottom edge, to determine where the plinth need to be fixed, on the bottom/rear.

A panel saw will be easier, to keep on a straight line. Seal the sawn edge after.

Assuming there is a rim it needs to fit under, get it to go as far up the rim as possible, even if it needs to be notched for hand bracket bolts under the rim. Wedge it as high as it will go, then measure down from the bottom edge, to determine where the plinth need to be fixed, on the bottom/rear.
When you say panel saw... A hand saw with fine cut?

Yeah it has a rim.. what are hand bracket bolts ?

When you say panel saw... A hand saw with fine cut?

The most common saw you can buy, and which most people will have.
Yeah it has a rim.. what are hand bracket bolts ?

I meant - anything poking below the rim. You may need to cut a notch in the upper edge of the panel, to allow for protrusions under the rim. If there are none, obviously no need for any notches.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back