Fitting mdf bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With an mdf bath panel as they usually have a plinth, do you cut a rebate into the baton on the side walls? Or just two small bits of baton; with the plinth bit set back 10mm and drilled into wall.

Do you screw into the front of panel into bottom and side batons through the front then hide screw heads with those plastic thingees?
20200720_205419.jpg
20200720_212220.jpg

Sponsored Links
Some blocks at the sides lip the panel under the bath and fit a 2x2 batten along the floor. Then a 2 or 3 screws with white plastic caps about an inch from the floor is my preferred option.
The screws are not really noticeable (I prefer the pop top two part ones to the hinged type) and easy for the next guy to figure how to get it off.

I would glue the plinth strip , the next time it’s removed will probably be because it’s rotten with damp and needs replacement.

Sponsored Links
I would glue the plinth strip , the next time it’s removed will probably be because it’s rotten with damp and needs replacement.

It will be replaced quite soon,............................................as they will want it done properly. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back