Best way to fill gap between wooden bath panel and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, because I am an idiot and bad at measuring, I have a gap between my new end bath panel and the wall.

20201029_113443.jpg

It's a 700mm panel but apparently a 730mm bath - didn't realise that was a thing and when I originally measured, I stupidly thought 'close enough'. The supplier doesn't do 730mm panels and there are some background domestic issues which mean I would want to send them back again.

So, how do I fill the gap?

The panels are made of sealed MDF. As this is in a non-visible corner, this doesn't need to be superperfect. As you might see in the photo, I have a square shaped piece of spare plinth left over, but for it to fill the gap, I'd need to cut it into slices so there'd be a 'ladder' effect.

Would a bit of melamine cut to size do the job? It's only a dinky job so was thinking get a bit of board cut, get a tester point of their paint and primer colour matched to the plinth, paint it, glue it in with wood glue and then seal off the edges. Would that work?

Sponsored Links
Is the mdf panel prepainted?
You could cut a strip of mdf and paint it the same colour, sticking it to the wall,
or ( more work) join it to the panel.
Joining it to the panel with something like gorilla glue and using filler to fill the seam would work but may depend on what's behind the panel. If you can have a second strip of mdf that fits behind the solid bit of the panel first, and the second is stuck to that as well, it would be strong.

Colour to suit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back