Bath plumbing problem - what's this thingy called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a house of disaster, with very little money to spare for maintenance for the past few years since my husband's business went under. The house was once owned by a DIY fiend with no commonsense, and so we have discovered a lot of problems over the course of the last 20 years.

The bath has been leaking for some time, although it took a while for me to become aware that it was the bath waste leaking and not the seal around the bath which was the problem. It seems to be the thingy which joins the overflow pipe to the bath waste pipe, underneath the bath.

My husband isn't hopeless at DIY (when sober), but he doesn't know what this thing is called and is reluctant to go to the plumber's merchants without a name of a thing to buy. I'd have sent him here, but he doesn't do computers.

Does anyone know what this particularly component is called? The bath has been in place for 20 years...are we likely to have probems matching imperial and metric fittings?

Thank you , in advance, for your help. I have spent ages reading here today, and I am impressed by the amount of expertise and generosity to be found here.
~Fee~

Sponsored Links
many differents types of bath/waste overflows connections.

you can get a cheap waste kit from bq for a few quid.
Bath_Comb_Waste_FBW2PC.jpg

Thank you!

You see, you don't know what you don't know. I think he suspected it would have a very technical name....
~Fee~

Well Fee. To paraphrase Mr Rumsfeld "Thats because there things that we know we know, that is to say known knowns, and then there are the things that we know we don't know[...]"

Sponsored Links
And now what you don't know you don't know is how to fit this so it doesn't leak. I know, I don't know enough to advise you but if you search this site you will get advice on the use of silicone sealant etc.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back