Bath sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We has a new bath installed approx 10 months ago, and a VERY small gap has appeared in one section of the sealant.

I have tried my hand at sealing a bath before and realise it's a job for the professionals.

I know good advice would be cut out ALL the existing sealant but is there any work around for a very small hair line gap, no more than a few inches in length, ie without removing any of the otherwise good sealant ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
If possible....contact the installer and ask what sealant he would have likely used. Get some, and smear over the split with your finger, pressing it well in. Make sure all is dry here before this.....
If you don't know what he used, buy a quality bath sealant from B&Q (the one that smells of vinegar) and do the same.
John :)

Also,, even though it's only a small repair,,,, make sure you fill the bath up with water before you reseal, and leave it in overnight. Make sure no little kids get near the bath full of water too, and maybe fall in,,, seriously!!

Sponsored Links
Even a short defect will be difficult to fill without removing the existing, chances are the area was not quite clean so sealant has peeled away from a dusty area.You can cut out just the affected area, I have used a scalpel [available from art shops] to chop out short sections and then reseal, tape top and bottom of area to match existing before sealing.Also make sure the section removed is spotlessly clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back