bath/shower screen drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a new bath/shower installed and recently noticed that I can no longer open the bath/shower screen outward (I often just step around it anyway).. I noticed that the glass screen appears to have dropped lower so it is blocked from opening by the metal frame attached to the bath. On closer inspection I also noticed that the separate piece of glass (the screen is made up of two piece with hinge between) that is attached to the wall appears to have come away from the metal frame leaving a small gap. Any idea what could have caused this and how it might be fixed? Thanks very much!

Attachments

• shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 100
  • shower1.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
Thanks -- any sense of what has actually happened, though? Like something coming loose, or just a bad installation? Does everything need to be taken down, or just the glass realigned or similar? I'm wondering if I can do this myself easily (I am total novice) or whether I need to ask the guy to come back (job was done late Dec, so feel awkward)

Sponsored Links
Get the guy to come back, remove and refit with a bead of silicone under the frame which is fitted to the wall and corner section.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back