Bath size

Sponsored Links
"Citizens Advice says that private renters who formally complain about issues such as damp and mould have an almost one-in-two (46%) chance of being given an eviction notice within six months.

The charity estimates that about 141,000 tenants have been affected since rules were introduced in 2015 designed to bring an end to retaliatory evictions, “where a tenant makes a legitimate complaint to their landlord about a property but is served with an eviction notice”, says
HuffPost.

It found that tenants who had received a Section 21 “no-fault eviction” notice were five times more likely to have gone to their local authority and eight times more likely to have complained to a redress scheme."

http://www.theweek.co.uk/96057/tenants-who-complain-are-almost-twice-as-likely-to-be-evicted

I stronglly suspect that I have seen many more L&T disputes than you have and it is not at all "likely" that tenants get evicted for complaining.

Again, no tenant should be afraid to complain to their landlord about issues with the property or tenancy. And no tenant should be advised that "if you complain you will likely to be evicted", as that's just nonsense and plain wrong.

Maybe so and I am guessing you do not like people contesting your advice. The fact is you do not know this person or landlord.

As such your advice should have at least included a warning of the actions you follow may lead to your eviction.

Which you cannot hand on heart say may not happen from what you have told the poster to do.

Sponsored Links
I spoken to the plumber who has been today he said the bath is a standard size of 700mm? Is that correct? If so the old bath must have been abit bigger than standard. I know baths change style etc but now the LL has said there can't be any water damage to the floor as this was a previous issue. But if the bath isn't deep enough, I'm not sitting in a bath freezing because the water goes over the edge of the bath when it's full. As you can tell the LL isn't an easy person to deal with. I've had on going issues with her and all I get is how much it's going to cost.

Yes, as you were advised in your other post on the same subject, 700mm wide is standard, has been for 30 years or more. The water will only go over the edge of you put too much in it. I'm yet to be convinced that it's the landlord who isn't easy to deal with....

So if I don't have the water to the top of the bath, I have to be cold? It's not much to ask to have a nice soak in a bath that's comfortable!

So if I don't have the water to the top of the bath, I have to be cold? It's not much to ask to have a nice soak in a bath that's comfortable!

I don't want to be rude but you must be very big if you need a full bath to the brim to cover you. I am a big person and have a standard size bath I have it no where near full and its a nice comfortable bath.

I think this thread has run its course I am not sure what more you are expecting. If you wish to complain to the landlord expect to be told no, if you wish to take it further expect to face eviction.

My advice would be look for a new place that has a massive bath and maybe ask during the viewing if you can get in the bath to test the size. :rolleyes:

As Archimedes could have told you, a portly person doesn't need much water in a bath, because their body will displace (up to) its own volume in water.

So assuming your head and arms are not submerged, you need to leave perhaps 50 litres of empty space between the water level and the overflow, until you get in.

We don't know the dimensions of this bath, apart from its width which includes the side edges. The water reservoir will be narrower.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back