Bath tap connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought some end feed 15mmx3/4 tap connectors with fibre washers from either screwfix or toolstation, can't remember now as bought 2 months ago. They are to replace the flexi's that are currently on there, I tried tightening one of them to the bath tap prior to soldering and they go on relatively easy to start with and then become very tight before actually fully tightening against the fibre washer. It's as if they are tapered, is this normal with these type of connectors or have i got a faulty set.

Thanks Victor

Sponsored Links
I would say user error, many be the fibre washer is getting caught in the thread while you are doing it up.

Why don't you solder the connections onto the pipe work and fit the bath taps afterwards.

Andy

I tried both of them from the pack and they are both like it. I even tried them on my old bathroom taps and you could see from underside that the nut was getting really tight before getting near to the washer.

Sponsored Links
I think the tap threads are clean, also I had to put the flexi back on temporarily and that went on fine.

I would expect new plastic nuts would be a little tighter anyway but TBH it's a feel thing. As someone that does these things all the time you get a feel for whether there's a problem or not.
If both are the same and they nip up without a huge amount of grunting and groaning, on old tap threads, then they should be fine.

These are brass nuts, they just feel a little bit too tight, just not right. I'll buy some more as they are reasonably cheap anyway.
Thanks for all your help.

Ah ok, I was thinking they were the plastic hand tighten nuts. Even then though, it would be the same feel thing, again as they are new nuts onto old taps, they may be tighter than usual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back