Rubber washers on tap connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if changing bath taps that are connected via flexis or plastic ( polyplumb, hep20, speedfit tap connectors. Do you usually change the plastic washer or the O-ring on these before connecting the new taps. I've always put new fiber washers in if copper tap connectors, do most people do this?

Sponsored Links
I usually do a visual inspection and if it all looks good just reconnect. However no harm in changing them if you have any doubts! They are cheap enough.

Yea its just good practice.
Theres nothing more irritating when youve put the effort in ....completed job... turn water back and it leaks!! :oops:

Do the job one time. For a simple washer ,o ring its better to just replace.

Sponsored Links
were can you get the o rings or flexi washers from? Do screwfix sell them?

My local (to me, not you) independent sells them in 1/2" and 3/4", PTS, used to have 'spare' ones from Hep2o boxes of tap connectors.

Nice little earners, when the older style fibre type start to leak, esp under closecoupled WC cisterns on a placcy inlet-valve stem.

DH

Edit. If you still struggle, try here. http://www.phoenixpipes.co.uk/products/3629/conical-tap-connector-washers-rubber-pack-20.aspx

Yes, I do replace every time I replaced taps.

What I hate is that some used PTFE, make a little hard to remove it.

Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back