Polyplumb Tap Connector Leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one had any trouble with the seal on the polyplumb tap connectors leaking?

When you buy a ½” straight tap connector it has a taper seal or a flat seal you can use. But the 1\2” elbow and 3\4” tap connectors only have a tapered seal.

I have been using a ¾” connector on my bath and it was hard to get a good seal on the connector so in the end I took off the tapered seal and used a standard fibre washer and both taps were leak free J .

Do you think the connectors will be fine with the fibre washers or should I rip it out and just use a copper tap connector? Don’t want to have a leak on the taps, as they will be a nightmare to get to once the bath is in.

Sponsored Links
If you have mains pressure all round and they don't leak now, they won't in future. If your supplies to the bath are tank fed, you may have trouble if coverted to mains later. Personally I would use copper tap cons, plastic ones are ok but I wouldn't change the seals on them, as you've done. If the tapered ones don't fit it's probably because of the tap tail's inner diameter.

Spoke to polyplumb and they say there is a problem with the tap connector seals and they have now changed the washer to fiber washers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back