Bath taps not covering holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got a horrible feeling that the bath mixer tap I have purchased is not going to cover the holes completely in the bath and wonder what my options are. It’s too late to return the taps unfortunately. Just to complicate things slightly, each tap is Square as opposed to the more normal round shape.
Had a little look around, but not really finding any obvious solution. Anybody got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Send us some pictures..
I haven’t taken it apart yet as I wanted to find a potential solution, ahead of stripping it down.
What I do know is that the original tap had a 50 mm base, whereas new taps are only 40 mm.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• IMG_3463.jpeg
    IMG_3463.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3464.jpeg
    IMG_3464.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 39
The holes in the bath are usually 35 mm in diameter. You may be OK but you won't know until you remove the old. Remove it carefully in case you have to put it back at least temporarily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back