Bath top leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The silicone seal at the back of my bath is leaking.

I have redone it a couple of times and it never seems to work.

Is there something better I can do?

Thanks,

Mick

Sponsored Links
I am no professional, but i think the pros fill the bath with water to the very top, and silicone it whilst it is pushed down, leave it for several hours to set and then drain the water out, you see i think the problem is when people step in the bath it moves and break the seal, if it is pushed down and sealed, then it cant move down......sorry thats as much as i know, hopefully someone will give better advice
Dean

You need to remove all the old silicone. New will not stick to the old.
Use a good make, ensure its mould resistant.
It is not necessary to fill the bath, what you need is a clean dry surface.
There are plenty of 'youtube' clips that may help.

Depends what the bath is made off , steel and iron don’t move much but plastic baths flex when entered so best to fill with water before sealing , use silicon eater to ensure a spotless surface to seal too.

Sponsored Links
Just stripped it and sealed again. It's a plastic bath.

Took a shower to test and it leaks, maybe not as much but it still leaks.

:(

Forget the sanitary sealant - get Neutral Curing Silicone - That will stick to plastic ! Any silicone that smells of vinegar Will Not stick. A very common mistake to make;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back