Bath Waste Pipe Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.........A new bath has just been installed. All the connectors and pipes were brand new with the exception of the waste trap which I just took off the old bath as it seemed absolutely fine.

However this appears to be where the leak is coming from (connection between top of the trap and the bath), so I used about half a tub of plumbers mait in the threads, and although it appeared to fix the problem last night, there appeared to be a slight trickle of water coming from it again this morning...........any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Hi
didyou leave the rubber washer on the trap wear it screws on to the waste fitting ?. the trap slots into waste with rubber washer between.

When I unscrewed the fitting, I don't recall seeing any washer. And I don't recall the trap slotting into the waste fitting. I think it was flush with it, and then the screw from the trap screwed onto the waste pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back