Bath waste trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any advantages/disadvatages in using a shallow bath trap as opposed to using a normal bath trap or doesn't it make any difference?

Sponsored Links
Use whatever the space allows, ensuring that the subsequent wastepipe has a suitable fall.

I used a 'shallow' bath trap (one with just a 'u' bend, but no bottle trap), and sometimes, if the weather has been gusty, the water has been 'drawn' out of the u bend, and the stench from the soil pipe/drains is all too apparent!! I would advise that if you can, fit a 'proper' one.

I hadn't thought about water being drawn out of the ubend on a shallow one it makes me think I ought to put in a normal one with a bottle trap.
Thanks for the replies

Sponsored Links
if the bath is connected to the soil (wc pan) stack you must fit a 75mm deep trap, if connected to the waste water stack you can fit a shallow trap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back