Bathroom and electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can I install a toilet to the right of the mains electrics in the picture
mWwAireNVAcMgpy79
and a sink just above and a little left of the electrics if they're boxed in and sealed but with a watertight access panel?

Attachments

• 55826098_373424679914029_8336457261551452160_n.jpg
    55826098_373424679914029_8336457261551452160_n.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 266
Sponsored Links
Toilet and sink do not make it a special location, only bath and shower does that. Any fuse will get warm, that's how they work, the metal inside melts when it gets too hot due to excess current, so it needs to be in free air, any panel would need vents to allow passage of air to cool it, which in turn would also mean any moisture in the room would also be flowing past the fuse.

The conduit would need earthing and since before the meter that is down to the DNO, so toilet and sink not really too much of a problem, but as bathroom fuse likely needs moving and since DNO must do that likely expensive.

Toilet and sink do not make it a special location, only bath and shower does that. Any fuse will get warm, that's how they work, the metal inside melts when it gets too hot due to excess current, so it needs to be in free air, any panel would need vents to allow passage of air to cool it, which in turn would also mean any moisture in the room would also be flowing past the fuse.

The conduit would need earthing and since before the meter that is down to the DNO, so toilet and sink not really too much of a problem, but as bathroom fuse likely needs moving and since DNO must do that likely expensive.

Ok, so in theory, if I were to box it all off with a sealed watertight access panel but then on the wall next to it (still within the boxing in) I put a vent brick would that be suitable for air flow? Its an external wall. The conduit going from there to the fusebox is plastic so wouldn't need earthing and would be plastered over anyway. Was thinking of putting a shower in on the opposite wall (mainly just because there's enough room), a little to the right of where I took the picture from.

Sponsored Links
Theory is the all up to the isolator or meter belongs to the DNO, it would be wrong for me to say what the DNO would accept, they don't use same rule book to us, what access they require or fire department who would draw the fuse in the event of a fire I really don't know, if I was a DNO inspector I would want to know who put that conduit in with no earth attached.

Wait to see what others say, maybe we have some one who works for the DNO, it seems odd to my mind why meter is in one room and junction box in another, maybe it is a normal practice, the DNO work as I have said by different rules, but I would want to move the fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back