Bathroom boxing-in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a tiler come out to tile the boxed area where pipes are hidden however he said he couldn't finish to the bath because there needs to be access to the pipe. I had a shower tray fitted before I had the bath done and the tray went flush to the boxed in area so not sure what he meant. Any ideas of how I could hide/box it in. I really think it would have looked much neater being flush with the bath.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 12.47.56.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 12.47.56.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 840
Sponsored Links
You're right it would look neater , there is nothing stopping you completing the boxing in but leaving it unfixed so it can be lifted out if you need access to the bath panel

Thanks. Contacted the tiler and said he will come out and do it. He will need to continue the silver trim will the join be noticeable do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 20.11.03.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 20.11.03.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 328
Sponsored Links
If he's good it will only be noticeable to you , and that's only cause you will know it's there

How will you get the bath panel off? Cut a rectangular hole in the corner?

I
How will you get the bath panel off? Cut a rectangular hole in the corner?

I believe the op is going to do my suggestion of continuing the boxing in but leaving it unfixed so the boxing in can be removed if the bath panel needs removing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back