Country
United Kingdom
Just refurbing the bathroom and need to put in the following

Shaver Socket
Ceiling Extractor Fan with light
3 x 240v Ceiling spotlights
Wall lights - zone 2
Heated mirror pad.

I have a 13amp RCD Spur 30mA. How many of theabove need to be powered through the RCD as I'm thinking there will be a lot of wires to connect?

Sponsored Links
You need to segregate circuits as much as possible to minimise inconvenience in the event of a fault.

I guessed as much. How do you connect everything to one rcd ?

Sponsored Links
Just refurbing the bathroom and need to put in the following
Shaver Socket
Ceiling Extractor Fan with light
3 x 240v Ceiling spotlights
Wall lights - zone 2
Heated mirror pad.
I have a 13amp RCD Spur 30mA. How many of theabove need to be powered through the RCD as I'm thinking there will be a lot of wires to connect?
I take it your Local Authority Building Control or a competent electrician haven't been involved in this process because they would have designed the circuits properly in the first place.
I take it the 13amp RCD protected spur is from the ring final socket circuit - is that too protected by an RCD as well - if so how have resolved the discrimination issue?
At least two (possibly more) of the products you have highlighted will require the fuse to be derated to accomodate the manufacturers instructions, how do you intend to achieve this?
I guessed as much. How do you connect everything to one rcd ?
If you have to 'Guess' and ask the question then you shouldn't be messing about with electricity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back