Bathroom extraction help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is posted in wrong area but I'm unsure what trade this falls under

I live in a new build flat (2007) and have a internal bathroom. I deciced I need to replace my existing extarctor fan so removed it to measure the flue size but when I removed it there was no flue. Just a hole cut in the cieling. So put a camera above the hole a took some pictures. There is a flue but it's about 2 or 3 feet away from the extract fan.

Is this acceptable? Or is it breaking a reg?
Will be calling Taylor wimpy Monday to complain but want to know if they have a leg to stand on.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Adam

Sponsored Links
it all needs to be connected, it will need some flex ducting or it is not doing its job :) they havent got a leg to stand on.

no expert but i would say they are at fault all is happening is that you are filling loft/cavity with steam not extracting to outside

Nice one thanks

Does it matter where the fan goes?
will need my ceiling down to fix it so may as well get the fan moved to the duct rather than add duct to reach current fan location. The fan is currently above radiator and about a foot in from doorway, duct is prett much central to the room.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
The best place for an extractor is as far away from the door as possible.
Air will then enter the room under the door, flow across the room and exit via the extractor, so that the whole room is ventilated.

There should be a 10mm gap under the door when closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back