Bathroom extractor fan and Cabinet lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having a new bathroom fitted so I thought I would fit an extractor fan to the far wall next to the window. There is also going to be some cabinet lights fitted to a unit which will sit over the sink.

The only light in the room is a centre ceiling light. The bathroom has a flat roof and of course the ceiling joists run the wrong way so I cant go direct to the fan.

I plan to run a 1mm 3C & E from the centre light to the side wall drop down and then run the cable just under the ceiling around the two walls to the fan. I will install a 3pole isolator next to the fan.

My question is where is the best place to connect the cabinet lights? - Shall I install a separate FCU in the run of the cable I have described above?

Or shall I mount the 3 pole isolator on the wall where the cable first comes down from the ceiling and then mount an FCU with cable outlet next to the 3 pole isolator?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If you're installing electrics in a bathroom then you need to be able to certify the installation and notify Building Control.

If you can self-certify, then you ought to know the answers to your questions. If you can't self-certify, then the answer is to employ someone who can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back