Bathroom Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am hoping someone can help me my old bathroom fan has given up, Its in Zone 1 and it's a 12v fan running off a transformer, I removed my old one and noticed it has an IP rating of IPX4 so I purchased a new one from screwfix advertised as being IPX4 rated and suitable for ZONE 1 but after reading the manual it states not suitable to be stored in a splash zone and on the actually fan says it is IP24 rated?

Can someone please tell me what Actual IP rating I need as I have been looking and it seams quite mixed and also what does the X stand for as I cannot find any answers?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
upload_2019-2-18_14-0-0.png

Thank you much appreciated that clears things up regarding the IP numbers but I am still a little confused as to why the fan I purchased from screw fix which is the Manrose LP100SLVC states that it is IP24 but then in the manual says not to be installed within a shower cubicle or splash zone.

I might just contact the company to double check but going by all other information it should be OK.

Regards Craig.

Attachments

• manrose.pdf
    635.7 KB · Views: 189
Sponsored Links
then in the manual says not to be installed within a shower cubicle or splash zone.

The reason is that the shower spray might be directed at the fan. IPx5 or IPx6 would be necesssary if jets could be aimed ( accidently or intentionally ) at the unit.

It's either IPX4 and suitable for IPX4 locations or it isn't.

If the location requires IPX5 then it isn't suitable.

Thank you for your reply's I will return this model and look for perhaps an IPx5 or higher that way I suppose I cannot go wrong however I will mention this to the supplier and see if they can answer why it is advertised as being for zone 1 but then saying that it isn't suitable in a shower cubicle (zone 1)

Thanks again for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back