Bathroom Extractor Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. not sure if this is right forum but here goes. I recntly had extractor installed in bathroom. something similar to this www.neweysonline.co.uk/newlec-fan-s...-100mm-/1050325788/ProductInformation.raction

I not sure if this is exact model but will need to check invoice if can find it from electrician! anyway, it is making a large amount of noise, much more than when I powered it up before fixing in place. I could go for a quieter fan but I think the majority of noise if actually as a result of the unit vibrating the plasterboard of the ceiling that it is attached to. is there a simple fix to this? would glued lats to the top of the plasterboard help?

I not entirely sure either whether it's simply reasonance as the noise varies a lot if we close shower enclosure (open top) doors or move around the room.

any thoughts as how to fix would be appreciated. cheers

Sponsored Links
Not too uncommon when fixed to dry linings, I'm afraid.....I sorted mine by using those 6mm strips of sticky back foam made for window draught excluders.
John :)

thanks. Thats a simple idea that I may just give a go. Will report back with results

Sponsored Links
Inline fans are more suited to ceiling use as the remote fan noise is much reduced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back