Bathroom extractor replcement - Notifiable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of replacing my upstairs bathroom and I'd like to swap the extractor

It's currently a mainrose jobby with 240V fan body screwed into the ceiling directly above the tap end of the bath

I'm going to replace it with a remote fan ducted job with a 12V GU10 downlighter built in (IPx4) with remote transformer. Ceiling height is 2.3m so it's just Zone 2 although I doubt it makes any difference. Fan motor will be screwed to the outside brick wall in the loft to reduce structure born vibrations so it will be nowhere near the bathroom

Do I need to notify this. I suspect I already know the answer since it's a special location? It seems daft as I'll be removing a 240V source from the bathroom making it safer. Not to mention supp bonding upgrades, or in this case install lol
If I ditched the downlighter would I still need to notify?

If not then I'll leave the downlighter disconnected and get that wired by the spark when the kitchen is rewired. I'll be dammed if I pay the 70 snot BCO notification fee for a poxy downlighter if I can roll it into 30seconds of sparktime(tm lol) when he's onsite already

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back