Bathroom Fan regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,

I understand the regulations state you need to fit a bathroom fan in any new bathroom. I'm in the process of fitting a new ensuite bathroom. Do I really need to fit a fan? What are the implications if I don't (legally)?

Cheers,
MOL.

Sponsored Links
Mug-o-Latte said:
. Do I really need to fit a fan? What are the implications if I don't

you will be killed by absence of air if someone F***s

seriously, it stops the room from getting too damp etc, few quid for fan v lifetime of damp

you decide

Really, you should do as Alcopop says, but definately without any shadow of a doubt you should do it if your en-suite has no natural ventilation.

To conform to building regulations all new bathroom installations MUST have an extractor fan installed, even if a window is present. Otherwise the B/Regulator will not issue a completion certificate.

This therefore could complicate things when you wish to sell the property if using the en-suite as a feature in the sale.

Sponsored Links
securespark, what has alcopop to do with this thread?
securespark said:
Really, you should do as Alcopop says, but definately without any shadow of a doubt you should do it if your en-suite has no natural ventilation.

Breezer, WKD, Red Square etc etc, they're all alcopops.

securespark said:
Breezer, WKD, Red Square etc etc, they're all alcopops.

Yeeuch! Sticky drinks for kids who want to stand in groups in noisy pubs texting each other. Makes me shudder...

You forgot Smirnoff Ice... ::grumbles::

I like alcopops they ain't that bad. Pint of bitter is better though.

Yeeuch! Sticky drinks for kids who want to stand in groups in noisy pubs texting each other. Makes me shudder...
Typical Tory Dingbat. When tories see kids enjoying themselves, they just can't stand it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back