Manrose SF 100 in line shower vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My son is currently fitting a new bathroom suite in his flat and the bathroom had an extractor fan on the wall that has never worked since they moved in. It was a really old style fitted on the wall and the power was fed from the light switch.

Looking to put a Manrose SF100 in line shower vent in the ceiling to vent outside. Does not look like there is a double pole isolating switch so not sure of the regulations. It looks as if the old vent just connected to the light I would assume that this was acceptable in the past.

The bathroom needs an extractor fan because there is no window in the bathroom so can the power to the shower fan be fed from the bathroom light and do I need to get a double poled isolator fitted. Have looked online and cannot see the information I require.

The Manrose shower does not have a timer on it I believe it is just and on/off fan.

Any assistance or links would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If there is already a hole in the wall for a fan, why would you think of putting the new fan in the loft? You would have to vent that to the outside by making another hole but in the soffit, etc.

It is advisable to fit a 3-pole isolator, so that the fan can be worked on without having to turn off the lights. Important for your son as there is no natural light in the bathroom.
One of these is what you need.

Hi

It was a very odd size and looked a really old style and I have not been able to find a similar size with a rigid plastic ducting pipe going into the loft which is smaller than the current 4 inch flexible ducting. So thought it was easier to re-site and tile over where the old extractor was.

Thanks for the picture of the isolator

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back