bathroom gu10 downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am thinking about installing a ceiling feature a square turned on its diagonal show a small 90cm x 90cm diamond on the ceiling to make a small bathroom a bit more interesting.
i want this to be quite shallow no more than 80mm from the existing ceiling and install a light in each corner and one in the middle.

which lights are best for this purpose and ease of fitment as i have noticed you can get fixed units with bulbs already installed which are quite shallow or fire rated ones but these are quite deep.

which type and spec are best served for bathroom installations ?

Sponsored Links
Units with non replaceable lamps should be avoided as when they fail in several years a matching replacement will probably not be available.

Fire rating are not required unless there is another address above and certainly not required if you are not going through the existing ceiling.

Units with non replaceable lamps should be avoided as when they fail in several years a matching replacement will probably not be available.

Fire rating are not required unless there is another address above and certainly not required if you are not going through the existing ceiling.

good point i would prefer just the lamp holders as i have lots of gu10 led bulbs

not having much luck finding lights suitable for a 72mm drop maybe just do the ceiling and place a multi light unit up there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back