Bathroom installation order?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am aiming to replace the suite in my bathroom (Bath/Toilet/Sink) + add a shower tray.
I also want to fully tile the walls and floor.

The floor is currently wooden vinyl over wooden floor boards and the walls bare/painted. (No Tiles)

Is there a generic bathroom installation order? Especially when to fit the tiles? Before or after suite installation?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Usually you prep everything reading for tiling, I.e sort your tiling substrates out do your first fix plumbing etc.

Tile the walls using wooden or metal batten as straight edge usually a tile up off the floor or off the bath (depending on how much of the room you are tiling).

Tile the floor, then you can infill any tiles that are required between floor and wall tiles. Fit the rest of your suit.

I prefer this method as your floor tiles don't get messed up whilst you are doing the other works, however some like to tile floor first then cover it using correx sheet or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back