Bathroom installation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm a bit nervous posting this as I'm concerned I'll either get replies saying 'this is a terrible installation' or 'this is not an issue at all, how can you be so picky'. So please be kind! I just wanted to check others opinions on two small issues related to a just completed bathroom installation. Overall we are absolutely delighted with the installation (pic attached).

The issues are:

1. The plug is not installed exactly horizontal in the freestanding bath, it's slightly dipping down on one side, and the sealant is showing on the other side. Is it OK for me to unscrew the plug using the central screw you can see in the picture, and re-level it? Or would this break the seal with the sealant and bugger up the plug altogether? As I say not the biggest of issues, but thought I'd check (pic 2 attached).

2. The sink basin has been installed but it also isn't exactly horizontal - it slopes ever so slightly forwards. This is not really an issue when using it but when in the bath it does become more apparent. Is this something that can (or should) be fixed and if so, how easy is it to do? (pic 3 attached).

Thanks for any advice and feedback.

Pic-1.jpg Pic-2.jpg Pic-3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Plug position is just lack of attention to detail. Easily sorted but also easy to get it wrong.

Basin back looks parallel to the wall so if the front was raised to make it level then there would be a gap at the bottom near the wall. They'd also have to redrill the wall as the back would need to be lower to ensure it sat on pedestal.

Is the basin a different colour to the rest of the suite, it looks off white?

No same colour, might just be the light / white balance on the camera. With plug position could I DIY fix this or would I need to call back the fitter? Seems like a small thing to call back for.

For the sink, does this therefore mean it's been installed correctly? If so, is there an issue with the porcelain unit or perhaps it's meant to slope forwards slightly? It's a Burlington basin.

You could do it yourself, it's not difficult but you've paid your money so call the fitter.

Basin looks fitted OK to me. Ask your fitter, perhaps he concentrated on getting the back parallel and missed the slight drop. It should be quite level, however the bottom of the basin may no be flat where the pedestal sits.

Sponsored Links
If that's the case is it an easy fix? As has been said, clearly the back is snug to the wall so I'm not sure - I doubt the fitter has made a mistake so it may be intentional? Though that seems unlikely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back