Bathroom light keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom light kept blowing I changed it to a pendant, it was a circular type bathroom light with the glass over top (Bayonet bulb). When changed to a pendant fitting the bulb kept blowing so I got a spark to fit me a brand new bathroom light fitting with G9 bulbs. Light is still blowing. My extractor fan in my bathroom is not working, could the steam be making the bulbs blow. I know it is possible but on 3 fitting ?

Sponsored Links
Probably cheap lamps. Try replacing then with LED lamps instead.

are the lights suitable for the zone in the bathroom that they have been fitted in ?

Thanks for reply guys. I would not say cheap lamps as its doing it on 3 different fitting with 2 types of bulb. The light is in the right zone it is a ceiling bathroom light.

Sponsored Links
Are lamps blowing causing the trips or is the circuit tripping with lamps(AKA bulbs) blowing.
It is very common for cheap and poor quality lamps to blow and this will often trip the MCB, especially the halogen type.
It would be worth, consider purchasing a higher quality lamp type and if that still causes issue ask the electrician to come back and check for faults on the fitting, such as loose or damaged cables/wires and also look at the lampholders. It would also be wise to check out the conditions of the cables that are connected via light circuit to fitting.
If it is a fitting issue, you can return and have replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back