Bathroom light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I know this might sound a very dumb question to the experts on here but does anyone know how to open this type of bathroom light fitting in order to replace the bulb. I will have to get a new cover for it at some point as it was smashed when I moved in but was still working then. Thanks for any help.

photo15_zps3a5585ae.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Sponsored Links
The white part either rotates/unscrews or in some cases just pulls off.

You won't be buying a new cover for it either - the entire thing needs to be replaced.

They are only a few pence anyway, that's why they break.

They break especially if some monkey has put too big a lamp in the fitting ;)

Have a look along the line between the white and black parts, you should find a small recess. You can put the edge of a coin or a large flat screw driver into this recess, twist it and the two parts should come apart.

Sponsored Links
Normally a quarter turn sorts them out. But I would completely replace the whole thing, looks like it has seen better days. Similar bathroom lights can be bought for a tenner!

Your ceiling appears to have become brown - please tell me that's a trick of the camera? Or is it chip fat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back