Bathroom lights/switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fella's I have another question for you all. I'm having a bathroom re-fit and the lights in the ceiling will be dimmable 7w led's, I'm also wanting some stud wall recessed lights that aren't dimmable. Right here goes, is it possible to have a double switch on the outside bathroom wall one for ceiling and one for stud lights but take a feed from one for the ceiling lights and feed that to a dimmer switch located inside an enclosed cupboard? That way I could dim the ceiling lights from the cupboard if needed. Have I lost my mind?

Sponsored Links
Is there any particular reason to dim from within the bathroom?

If so, you can use a dimpull: http://www.dimpull.co.uk/

Or you could have a 2 gang switch on the outside that looks like a 2 gang dimmer, but one working dimmer module is replaced with a module like so:

it looks like a dimmer but acts like a switch.

http://www.qvsdirect.com/Varilight-Dummy-Dimmer-Switch-Module-pr-26250.html

This you would connect to the non-dimming lights.

Or you could have a dimmer and a rocker in a grid side by side.

There is nothing in the regs to say you couldn't have a dimmer in a cupboard with a proper door, I suppose, but I wouldn't do it. Potentially wet hands/ reduced body resistance and all that.

I really don't want a dim pull on the ceiling, I wanted a nice wall switch that would do for both types of lighting

So, how about the two options outside the bathroom?

Or have you set your heart on a wall switch inside?

Where is the cupboard in relation to shower/ bath??

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to fit one of these but change one of the module to an on/off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back