Country
United Kingdom
  • IMG_20180507_134729.jpg
    IMG_20180507_134744.jpg
    IMG_20180507_134821_1CS.jpg
    IMG_20180507_134729.jpg
    IMG_20180507_134950.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry but the text Wiz robbed. Installed in fire in France rctm2t8 lights work shaver socket doesn't, 2 fitted any ideas by looking at photos what's wrong, thanks

Not really.

The picture of the switch and connections isn't clear enough - but I don't know if that would help.

Can you translate your original question?

Sponsored Links
Sorry visitors arrived, been fighting Bluetooth to get pictures off phone onto tablet to post. My query basically is I have two of these mirrors both with shaver sockets. Both lights work but neither socket. They may have been installed by a French sparky and this makes me wonder if the sockets are wired up from the transformer? correctly, red and blue wire in same hole. There are also two brown wires at the transformer, one either side both of which terminate in the same hole on the shaver socket? What I was hoping for was either wiring diagram for this model of mirror or a the brown wire from the transformer should go in the system or a hole to make it go explanation at my level.

I can't find any wiring diagrams.

When you say wires go in the same hole, I presume that they then go to different connections.
Can you take off the black cover?

It shouldn't have been necessary to alter any wiring other than connect the supply cable.

Can we have a clear picture of all the transformer connections?

Here is a simple diagram of a dual voltage shaver socket.

upload_2018-5-7_16-57-54.png

As your transformer and sockets are separate, Three wires needed for the two voltages.
I presume the other two wires are used for a switch to turn on the transformer when you insert the plug.

I presume the other two wires are used for a switch to turn on the transformer when you insert the plug.
Indeed. How do you know the transformer does not work (indeed, if both don't work then you have a basic misunderstanding of something).
Look, I'm going to be in the Biarritz/Bordeaux area next week. Shall I drop in?

Thanks for the replies gents.
Good point that the mirrors should have been presided but I don't know if a French sparky has intervened because it didn't look right to him.
It's strange that both sockets don't work
have tried razor and tooth brush chargers in the sockets all of which show lights when used off a UK adapter for these devices
I will go back and remove black cover. the mirrors are in rooms with no natural lighting so with that circuit off its a bit dark for photos
once again thanks for your interest
currently located lower normandy

So is using a device which does not decide it knows in advance better than you what you want to write.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back