Bathroom Mirror replacement Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have pasted below a photo of my bathroom mirror with lights (when working). The background is, the other day my tenant shoved her hair straighteners in the shaver socket. This resulted in the circuits being tripped. Once she had reset the circuit breaker. She noticed that the lights in the mirror and shaver socket did not work, nor did the lights in the cupboard by the mirror.

View media item 74450
I had an electrician out today who said that the electrics in the mirror were fried (transformer and other bits) and he managed to do a bit of re-wiring to get the lights working again (same with the cupboard). However what he could not fix was the shaver socket saying that it would be so expensive to fix, I would end up needing a new bathroom mirror unit.

I just wondered if anyone had seen the mirror below and knew where I could get the replacement electrical box that sits on top of it or should I just leave it as it is ?

I am not bothered the shaving socket does not work.

Any advice appreciated[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back