Bathroom mould

I

imamartian

over the last couple of years we seem to have an increase in the amount of mould growing in the tile grout and bath and sink sealant even though we always use 'mould resistant' products... it's even growing on the artex ceiling.

The ceiling stuff is quite easy to kill with bleach. But we fed up changing grout and sealant.

Any thoughts on what could be causing it, and secondly how can we stop it?

Sponsored Links
open the window,it needs ventilation.

I shower every morning, and i open the window wide to let the steam out, and before i go to work i put the window on the latch. Have don the same for 15 years now.

One thing is i don't have an extractor in the bathroom... should i put one in??

Bathrooms should have a permanently open vent and a fan to ventilate correctly.

Sponsored Links
open the window,it needs ventilation.

I shower every morning, and i open the window wide to let the steam out, and before i go to work i put the window on the latch. Have don the same for 15 years now.

One thing is i don't have an extractor in the bathroom... should i put one in??

I really think you would benefit greatly by the addition of an exhaust fan.
Ok fair enough you open the windows but the trouble with windows is the air doesn't always go out, rather cold air blows in. This will help but will reduce the temperature in the bathroom and therefore the surfaces where condensation is occuring and which are already wet.
Obviously the colder the surfaces the worse the condensation will be.
So keep the bathroom warm and extract the steam at source.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back