Bathroom paint type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing my bathroom at the moment and i'm re-plasterboarding the whole room, where its not tiled i plan to paint it matt white, what would you suggest type of paint i should use? Vinyl Matt?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can buy bathroom/kitchen specific paint from most stores which will resist moisture.

try Dulux Soft Sheen , it has all the properties of a vinyl silk but is not as shiny. If you really want to splash out use Acrylic Eggshell , basically water based eggshell. They both can be tinted.

While on the subject, is there an alternative to tiling round a shower? I don't have enough cash to tile the whole bathroom but dont want to paint nearly all the bathroom and just tile the shower. The shower unit it over the bath.

Thanks

Carl

Sponsored Links
The less tiles the better. It was only in the olden days when paint couldn't handle water that tiles were needed. The more tiles you use, the more 1980s retro it will look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back