Bathroom - Pan Waste Pipe Problem

L

Leitchy

Hello all,

I plan to do up my bathroom over the next 2 weeks but I've came up against a problem and seeking a bit of advice.

http://www.leitch-designs.co.uk/miscimg/toiletwaste.JPG

As you can see from the picture above, this is the current pan installed by the previous house owners with the pan and cistern sitting apart from each other. I want to purchase a new pan in which the cistern sits on top of the pan but this results in the pan needing to be closer to the wall and the current waste pipe will not allow me to do this.

The question is, will I get away with hacksawing the waste pipe back to the wall and is there a suitable attachment to connect the waste to the pan?

Any help would be appreciated as I've suffered this bathroom for a year now and it's time to clean it out!!

Regards,

John

Sponsored Links
cut it back and use a pan connector

p1076802_l.jpg
;)

Thankyou,

I take it I'd be better off buying a flexible one due to the angle of the waste pipe? (The suggested products above, one seems fixed, and the other flexible)

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
I would recommend using a chain cutter to cut the end off the old cast iron pipe. They can be hired for about £10 to £15 for the day. It saves a lot of mess/dust/lost fingers if using a grinder.

i'm not a great lover of the flexi extentions, but as the pan in the pic looks old i'm sure the height and angle will make it difficult to seal using a multikwik pan connector only,

Leitchy have a look at the link in ChrisDIYhelp's post "WC pan and basin waste connection"

The waste pipe as it goes into the wall is 5 inch/125mm in diameter , I take it this a non standard size?

Just been to the Plumb Center and was advised that I need to take the toilet off to measure the internal diameter of the pipe first as he was not sure if they had a suitable pan connector for it.

If I cannot get one to fit it, what are my alternatives? Hopefully not that paper mache'esque bond thats on it this now?

there is a flexi version i had thought would be ideal for you, get a 4" extention and if needed dress the lead in against the plastic once you have fitted it in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back