bathroom papering - paste mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm about to paper the bathroom , but then remembered being told a long time ago that I shoud add some pva adhesive to the paste mix to stop the joints opening up.

What I didn't get at the time was any reference to how much pva to add to to the paste ?

Anyone heard of or tried this method and any clue as to how much pva to use, and of what type - the builder merchant pva or hobby pva glues - are they the same ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
do not apply PVA to your paste just buy a good quality paste i.e solvite. don't forget to size the walls with a thinned down paste before papering though.

Whenever you decide to do any form of Decorating stay well clear of PVA It's use will cause you no end of problems.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Sounds like the pva was a duff suggestion then - will avoid and stick with the Solvite I usually use.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back