Bathroom PIR sensors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hallo all,

Got a couple of Danlers Bathroom PIR sensors to switch the extractor fans.

However, the detection range is too great, and they trigger when someone walks by the open door.

Anything wrong with masking off part of the lens with tape to control the detection area ?

Anybody know any other way (apart from keeping the doors closed - Ha !) ?

THanks, David

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with masking off part of the detection head, but there is a range/sensitivity adjustment on them isn't there ?

Halo Ricicle,

The only adjustments are for the lux setting & overrun time. Nothing in the MI's about sensitivity adjustment.

Am awaiting a reply from Danlers, but I thought I'd appeal to people at the sharp end for experience.

David

Hallo all,

I got this from Danlers, so it's on with the tape.

Dear David,

Thank you for your Email.
To block out part of the lens (near the door entrance), we would suggest to use some see-through nail varnish.
The nail varnish will indeed block out the detection.
Tape will also work (however it would not be as aesthetic).

Sponsored Links
I have used brown packing tape in the past. But to block out half its detection area, you need to cover OVER half of the lense. Its a case of trial and error.

We had a flat, flush detector in the canten of a shop, where the door was always open and the light would always trigger when people walked past. Needed to block 180 degrees, but had to cover over half the lense - about two thirds.

But like I said, trial and error.

Steve,

Good advice. I'll start with 180deg and go from there.

Thanks, David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back