bathroom lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I don't know if anyone can help me. I have just redone the bathroom and have fitted two Danlers PIR ceiling switches, one for the lights and one for the extractor fan. Trouble is especially the fan one keeps switching on and off for varying time intervals even if no-one is in the room and the door is shut, This happens at any time, not just of we have used the shower. They are mounted about eight inches from each other, The guy in the shop told me they don't interfere with each other. Is it a faulty unit or where am I going wrong??!!

Also are there any alternatives to PIR switching - apart from a cord switch or an outside switch?

Sponsored Links
Also are there any alternatives to PIR switching - apart from a cord switch or an outside switch

A door contact switch if you dont mind dumping with the door open :LOL:

Why didnt you wire the fan via the light, only one pir needed then.

Sounds like it could be a faulty PIR if the fan keeps coming on but the lights do not then it is unlikely to be triggered by the environment.

You could have just installed a PIR fan, but as you have wired for a seperate PIR you may as well stick with this method

Have you tried swapping the PIR for the fan with the one for the lights, and seeing if the problem remains onthe fan or if it transfers to the lights.

This should tell you if it really is the PIR which is the problem or something else altogether.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back